These incredibly rich and decadent brownies have kind of become a bit of a signature for me lately. What’s not to love? Deep and silky dark chocolate combined with creamy cheesecake and tart raspberries and so easy to make.
Ingredients – Brownies
200g good-quality dark chocolate, I use minimum of 70% cocoa solid
200g unsalted butter, softened
400g caster sugar
110g plain flour, sifted
Ingredients – Cheesecake
400g cream cheese
2 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla extract
120g fresh raspberries
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C. Grease and line a 20 x 30cm lamington or shallow pan.
2. Place the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water until melted. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. Cream the butter and 250g of the caster sugar until pale, then add 3 of the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the melted chocolate, then fold in the flour. Spread into the lined pan.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese, remaining sugar and egg yolks and the vanilla extract until smooth, then spread over the chocolate base.
5. Scatter the raspberries over the top, I tend to break them in half and spread them out flattened, and bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes.
6. Set aside to cool, then cut into squares and serve.
* You can also freeze raspberries in advance and crumble over the top before baking.