Pineapple Meringue Pie
One of my all time favourites and a nice alternative for those who find a lemon meringue too tart.
9 “ pastry shell
1 can ( 450 g) crushed pineapple
2 small eggs, separated
2 Tb custard powder (Birds)
2 Tb caster sugar
- Put pineapple, egg yolks and custard powder into saucepan.
- Mix well and stir over a moderate heat until thickened.
- Pour into pastry shell, cool.
- Beat egg whites until thick and gradually add sugar.
- Pile onto pineapple mixture.
- Place into hot over until lightly brown.