Perfect Banana Cake
Someone on Twitter was asking for a Banana Bread recipe, so I thought I would share my favourite which is R1409 from the NMAA Cooks Red Book (Aussies will know the one I’m talking about!)
2 tbsp butter
1 mashed banana
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup plus 2 Tb SR flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Grease a ring tin very well or grease and line a loaf tin and heat oven to 180C
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, mix well.
- Add banana and vanilla.
- Add flour and milk alternately and mix until smooth.
- Bake for 30 mins.
- Cake is baked when a skewer comes out cleanly or the middle springs back when pressed.
- Cool in tin and then turn out.
- Simplicity Chocolate Cake Variation
- Remove banana, add 2 tbsp cocoa and 1/2 tsp instant coffee