So, after the overwhelming first day of sightseeing in India, we settled into the reason that we were all here – to go to work! I spent the week dividing my time between NIIT and Magic. There’s no winner out of them, they’re both full of amazingly talented, kind, generous people. So here’s a quick run down of the highlights:
– Lots of incredible food. We’ve decided that Delhi Belly is a reference to the extra weight that we’ve piled on! Although some of the team members learnt the hard way to avoid Pan!
– Cows. Lots and lots of cows – walking along the road, holding up traffic, sitting in the sun.
– Shopping. From street shopping strips and huge modern malls to the fabulous Dilli Haat where we haggled for local handcrafts.
– The Hole in the Wall. A fabulous initiative by NIIT which saw a computer placed into a hole in the wall of their campus that was accessible to the children in the adjoining slum. The kids learnt how to operate the computer and to play games without being told. The concept has grown and can be found all over the place.
– Laundry – returned to our hotel rooms in baskets, neatly folded with paper strips around each item. Even Mum doesn’t do that!
– Cricket. We were there for the India Pakistan semi-final of the World Cricket Cup. The atmosphere was incredible. And they won – awesome! There were fireworks and celebrations in the streets, it was great to be a part of it.
India Highlights Day 2, a set on Flickr.