Finished Project – Set of 2 crocheted dishcloths.

I started these in January with some gorgeous coloured cotton yarn I’d picked up in the yarn shop in Fulda, Germany. After a bit of a break, I finally finished the second one today.

The pattern is from Lion Brand Yarn but I did alter it slightly – I made it considerably smaller, only 29 stitches across and roughly square shaped and only two lines of contrast. They’re the perfect size for a quick cleaning cloth.

The yarn I used is Wolle Rödel’s Cotton Universal which comes in a stunning array of colours. It’s quite splitty, but the fibres look like they’ll hold a good amount of water – vital in a cleaning cloth! I have some creamy white, might just make up something that’ll match in with these. And at some point I’m thinking that bright red and turquoise would look great too…

Tell me what you think