I feel that today I really must jump on the bandwagon and make comment on yesterday’s announcement regarding Apple’s latest toy. And since I think it’s pretty fair to assume that you’ve been given all the specs and know what I’m on about I shall not bore you with the details, instead I’ll just bore you with my thoughts in a fairly random fashion…
– stupid name
– no usb so no uploading photos direct from your camera – you still need a computer
– daft name
– no webcam
– no flash
– stupid name
– only 64Gb?
– it’s not earth-shattering
– it’s not even exciting really
– it’s still a stupid name
In the end you just keep coming back to that daft name… here’s some of the better comments I’ve seen about it…
– Will women send their husbands to the Apple store to buy iPads?
– If I order this, will my boyfriend and I have to worry if it comes late?
– Yes, the iPad is small, lightweight and slim. But can you swim with it?
– If you and your friends all buy one, will they sync up?
– Can I get a scented iPad for when my data feels not-so-fresh?
– Is Apple making a smaller iPad for light-flow days? Just wondering…
– iPad has changed “the conversation” from how we use tech in context to how we use tech as Kotex.
– Somebody give the iPad a Red Bull, because it ain’t no good without wings.
– Meh. I’ll wait until they come out with the iDivaCup
– someone needs to make a ‘mysterious blue liquid stain on white’ wallpaper for this.
– The iPad: protecting your data from embarrassing incidents.
– So will iffy Wifi coverage be called iSpotting?
– Later in the year they will be releasing the companion tablet pen, the Ipon.
– 64 gig iPad will forever be known as the heavy flow model.
– Did the prototype come with a belt?
– Does the Period Tracker app come free?
– If it is meant to be so cool why not call it the iCycle… sorry the wheels fell off that joke
– Wondering when Apple will release the iRonic.
OK, that’s enough – at the end of the day it’s not really the device that will be the big deal but what the device enables people to do and I think the big deal will be things like magazines and newspapers which will be fabulous and something that I am really looking forward to.
I don’t have an iPhone yet, that’s next on my list. This one I think will go on teh shelf until it matures a bit more so maybe in a couple of years.